The Middlesex University Collection at Brandeis University documents a medical school founded by Dr. John Hall Smith in Cambridge, Massachusetts, in 1914. When the University closed in 1946, it was located in Waltham on the campus of what would become Brandeis University. This exhibit is a collection of digitized photographs, negatives and printed material focusing on "the Castle," a Middlesex University building designed and constructed from 1928 to 1940 under the auspices of President John Hall Smith. It still serves Brandeis University as one of the most popular dorms on campus.
Exhibit created by Karen Glenn for the Robert D. Farber University Archives & Special Collections Department, Brandeis University. Anyone wishing to use these images for commercial use, publication, or any purpose other than fair use as defined by law must obtain prior written permission from Brandeis University. For further information, please contact: Robert D. Farber University Archives & Special Collections Department Library and Technology Services, email@example.com